Disclaimer:
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, ect., are the property
of their respective owners. The original
character and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the
owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Summary: When the world ended the
only thing Birdie Grimes wanted to do was to get home to her family. When she finds her sister-in-law and best
friend on the outskirts of Atlanta, will she finally get the chance to tell him
how she really feels? Will love blossom? *No evil Shane*
Warning: This fan-fiction is rated Mature for
Language, Gore and Adult Situations.
Readers under the age of 18 are strongly discouraged from reading.
Pairing: Shane Walsh
x Birdie Grimes
Chapter
Eight
Several hours later—thankfully, after Carl had fallen
asleep—his headphones still blaring in his ears—the groaning started, both mine
and my brothers and for two very different reasons.
“Oh Lori, that feels
so good baby, so wet—
“Noooo,” I groaned, slipping out from beside Carl as Shane
started laughing lowly.
“Shut-up you big fool and move over.” I growled. “Your snores will drown out anything.”
He was still laughing but he did as I said and moved over
enough to give me room to snuggle down next to him. It was a tight squeeze and had it not been
for my sweet, sleeping little nephew in the next cot I wouldn’t have minded in
the slightest. But—as it were—feeling
Shane’s naked chest under my fingers was too much a temptation.
Be good, Birdie. Please God, be a good girl.
“So,” Shane whispered, his hands playing with the hem of my
shirt sleeves. “Now that you’ve got me
in this bed…all to yourself…what do ya plan on doin’ with me?”
“Nothing, you brayin’ jack-ass, Carl’s right next to us!” I
hissed, smacking him good.
I couldn’t see his face in the darkness, but I could
practically feel him smile anyway.
“Oh,” he said huskily.
“And if he wasn’t?”
Well that damn sure shut me up. What the Hell could I say to that?
“Ummm…well, I guess I, uh…”
He laughed, “Birdie, stop it. I’m only messin’ with you, girl.”
“Oh,” I said softly, feeling worse than before. Damn Lori to Hell for putting those ideas in
my head. Now I’ve made an ass out of
myself and he didn’t feel that way after all.
I’d been blushing and flirting with him all damn day. Ugh!
“Um…” I stuttered,
trying to get out of this uncomfortable situation and back over to my nephew
where I knew it was safe. “I’ll just…”
A strong hand gripped the back of my neck, halting my
retreat. “Birdie, I didn’t mean it like
that. I was just…”
“No!” I nearly
shouted, not wanting him to apologize because I was a big cry-baby and got the
wrong idea. “You don’t have to
explain.”
“Goddamnit, Birdie…just shut-up for a minute,” he growled,
pulling me closer.
He took a deep breath, his chest stuttering as he
breathed. “Earlier today, I told you I
wanted to talk to you tonight. And while
this wasn’t exactly the setting I had planned, I gotta get this off my chest.”
“Alright,” I replied nervously, not having a clue in the
slightest as to what he might tell me that had him so nervous. Shane Walsh didn’t get nervous in these
situations.
“I love ya, Birdie.”
He blurted.
I smiled at the big idiot.
“I know you do, Shane. I love
you, too.”
“No,” he said lowly.
“No, I’m in-love with you. Have
been since we were kids.”
My mouth fell open as I tried to process what he’d just told
me. Shane’s
in-love with me. Shane’s in-love with me. Shane’s in-love with me!
“Holy shit!” I
exclaimed, a lot louder than I meant to.
Jesus, Dale probably heard that.
“Not exactly the reaction I was lookin’ for here,
darlin’.” Shane said with a chuckle, his
hand returning to stroke my arm.
“I just…I need a minute.”
After picking my jaw up off the tent floor, my mind flew
into a flash of memories—starting from the day I met Shane—up until I moved to
Florida.
“That’s not possible,” I said finally, and without looking I
knew Shane was either confused or angry.
“Excuse me!” Angry it
is.
“I just…you never looked at me like, Shane. Never, not once…it was always the pretty
blonde from the track team or one of the cheerleaders…never me.”
“Oh my Lil’ Bird, ya just don’t know how much I did.”
“Then why?”
He shrugged. “At
first, I had no clue what was wrong with me—I got jealous over the stupidest
things; like when Tommy Burnett helped you pick up your books in the hallway in
sixth grade. Then, when I realized how I
felt, I was afraid of Rick.”
I snorted, “Afraid of Rick?”
He chuckled, “Yeah, I was afraid if somethin’ went wrong
that he’d never speak to me again. You
and your folks were so good to me after Mama died…I just didn’t wanna mess that
up. Then, you left for school and we
both got jobs…but this last time when you left to work at Bush Gardens…I don’t
know, it killed me to see ya leave. When
the outbreak hit…God, Birdie ya just don’t even know.”
“Lori said you got real upset when they bombed
Atlanta.” I said, nodding into his
chest.
“I think she was being polite when she said upset. I fuckin’ lost it Birdie—lost my cool in
front of her and Carl—screamin’ and throwin’ shit like I lost my fuckin’
mind.”
“Shane—
“No, I promised myself after that…if I ever found you again,
if you were still alive there’d be no more runnin’, no more denyin’ and that
I’d make you mine.”
“Oh, is that all, caveman?”
He never answered me, but when his warm lips met mine in our
first real kiss, I didn’t want him to stay anything. His lips were so soft and demanding as he
took control, parting my lips with ease and slipping his tongue inside for a
taste.
We both groaned as hands started to wander, my fingers
finding the rippling muscles of his chest as they ghosted up to his neck to
pull him tighter to me.
“OH GOD RICK!”
We broke apart—the mood thoroughly ruined with Lori’s
climax—and laughed.
“God,” I groaned. “I
cannot believe we just had this conversation while they were carrying on like
that.”
Shane laughed, kissing me sweetly before resting his
forehead on mine. “At least I distracted
you through most of it.”
“Yeah,” I chuckled.
“You did indeed.”
“Wanna get distracted some more.”
I swatted at him in the dark, but made contact with
something as he grumbled ow.
“I really do love you, Birdie.”
“Well that’s good,” I commented offhandedly. “Because I’m in-love with you too.”
No comments:
Post a Comment