Disclaimer:
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, ect., are the property
of their respective owners. The original
character and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the
owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Summary: When the world ended the
only thing Birdie Grimes wanted to do was to get home to her family. When she finds her sister-in-law and best
friend on the outskirts of Atlanta, will she finally get the chance to tell him
how she really feels? Will love blossom? *No evil Shane*
Warning: This fan-fiction is rated Mature for
Language, Gore and Adult Situations.
Readers under the age of 18 are strongly discouraged from reading.
Pairing: Shane Walsh
x Birdie Grimes
Chapter
Nine
Morning came a lot faster than I wanted. The very idea of getting out of this bed was
torturous. I was warm, safe and I even
found Shane’s snoring comforting.
Alright, I’m officially losing my mind if I think Shane
sawing-logs in comforting.
With a little groan of protest, I stretched, my back popping
in several places…and then I felt it. It was a big it, too. Holy Shit—how had I
never noticed that before. It’s not
like this is the first time Shane and I had shared sleeping space before. Almost any family vacation we’d ever been on
had me sleeping next to him.
My, oh my, Mr. Walsh was packing some heat…down there.
Shane chucked, clearly feeling me tense up. “He was just sayin’ mornin’ is all.” He
rasped, wrapping his arms tighter around me.
“Well then,” I smiled.
“Good mornin’ to you, too.” I
said, craning my neck to kiss him.
I had just meant it to be a good morning peck, but Shane had
other ideas. He quickly took control of
the kiss—and just like last night, he parted my lips with ease—morning breath
be damned. I moaned loudly into his
mouth, forgetting for a moment where I was and that this was hardly a place of
privacy. Shane must have forgotten too,
because without word he flipped us so that his powerful frame was cradled
between my thighs, groaning harshly as he rocked into me.
“Whoa!” I heard the
familiar voice of my nephew gasp.
Shane turned quickly, leveling Carl with a wide-eyed look,
but then laughed as he saw what my knuckle-headed nephew was doing. He had one hand covering both eyes, but the
little sucker had his index finger and his middle finger widely spread,
obviously still peeking.
“Carl.” Shane
groused, breaking the boy out of his stupor.
Carl jumped, yelled something about having to bleach his
brain and took off running.
Shane chuckled, turning back to me and resting his forehead
against mine. “I guess that’s our cue,
darlin’.”
I huffed, pouting out my lower lip. “Damn boy’s better than a chastity
belt.”
He laughed, leaning down to capture my lips in another
searing kiss, tugging on the same lower lip that I had been pouting with
between his teeth and biting gently.
“Oh God,” I moaned, bucking my hips upwards.
“And that’s definitely the cue to get up,” Shane said. “Hearing Rick and Lori goin’ at it like a
pack of wild dogs is one thing, seein’ his Aunt Birdie and Uncle Shane gettin’
it on is another.”
“Party pooper.”
“Don’t be sassin’ at me Birdie-Lynn or I’ll bite ya
somewhere else.” He said, pointing a
non-threating finger in my face.
“Promises, promises.”
He sighed, shaking his head before pulling himself up and
off of me. “What am I gonna do with you,
woman?”
God, I loved watching him with no shirt…it had been awhile
since I had seen anything so tempting.
In fact, I don’t think I’d seen Shane shirtless since before he
graduated from the Academy. As my eyes
raked over the taught muscles of his arms, stomach and chest…I finally saw
why.
“Oh my God, Shane!” I
nearly yelled as I jumped from the cot and over to where he was pulling a pair
of cargo pants up his thick legs.
He stopped what he was doing, not bothering to button his
pants as I fingered the beautiful lettering that decorated his left peck, right
over his heart.
“When did you get this?”
I asked, surprised to see Lil’ Bird immortalized forever on his
skin.
He smiled shyly, “Right before I graduated the Academy. Rick knows I got a tattoo but he’s never seen
it, which was damn hard when I had to shower at the station.” He said with a
laugh. “I guess I don’t got to hide it anymore.”
Leaning up, I kissed his lips sweetly before
whispering. “I guess not.”
~
It was a tad awkward when Shane and I exited his tent at the
same time my brother came stumbling out of his, stretching a popping his back
with that post-coital glow leaking from his pores.
He looked at me and nodded politely at Shane and mumbled
“Mornin’ Reverend,” before he smiled and immaturely wrapped his hand around his
index finger and rhythmically pulled it in and out—in a gesture I remembered
from our childhood.
“Ricky,” I warned, wishing I had something in my hands to
throw at him.
He laughed as Shane flipped him the bird, pulling me towards
the campfire where Lori was making breakfast.
His arm was wrapped around my waist, making his claim on me apparent to
whoever was watching as his hand slid lower, dangerously close to my butt.
~
Breakfast was pretty quiet—apparently Dixon hadn’t returned
from his hunt yet, so the treat of him slitting all of throats in our sleep was
averted for the time being.
Lori wore the same stupid smirk as Rick—still basking in her
own post-coital bliss—I wanted to murder both of them, the stingy
bastards. I hadn’t had sex in at least
two years and well…Shane was making it so much worse.
“Are you and Uncle Shane gonna get married now?” Carl asked suddenly, causing all of us to
look at him with wide eyed stares.
“Why would you ask that?”
I asked, still choking around my coffee that had slid down the wrong
pipe at Carl’s crazy question.
“Well,” he started, playing with the hem of his jeans, not
looking anyone in the eye—which meant he wasn’t sure if he should say what he
was about to or not. “I saw Uncle Shane
on top of you and you were kissing…
Lori coughed, glaring daggers through my skull and I thought
for sure I was gonna hurl.
“Carl,” Lori said in warning, but my awesome little nephew
had different plans for Mama-Bear.
“What,” he said defensively.
“I see you and Dad do it all the time.”
That time I was sure a little coffee came out my nose as I
barked out a laugh. Lori turned pale and
Rick looked like he was about to fall out of his chair he was shaking so hard
with repressed laughter—of course he would think this is funny.
I smiled slyly at the little man, “Oh, is that the only
reason?”
Again, Carl looked like he was unsure about what he was
about to say, but shrugged. “Well, I saw
what was in that blue box in—
Carl was suddenly cut off when Shane reached over, nearly
spilling his plate of heated beans as clasped his big hand over my nephews
face. “Quiet mouse, Carl. Quiet mouse.”
This time Lori cracked up, snorting and stomping her feet
into the gravel and it was my brother who went deathly pale and silent, Shane
looked nearly as bad. What the Hell was
wrong with my family? Apparently, I had
missed something important.
No comments:
Post a Comment