Disclaimer:
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, ect., are the property
of their respective owners. The original
character and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the
owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Summary: When the world ended the
only thing Birdie Grimes wanted to do was to get home to her family. When she finds her sister-in-law and best
friend on the outskirts of Atlanta, will she finally get the chance to tell him
how she really feels? Will love blossom? *No evil Shane*
Warning: This fan-fiction is rated Mature for
Language, Gore and Adult Situations.
Readers under the age of 18 are strongly discouraged from reading.
Pairing: Shane Walsh
x Birdie Grimes
Chapter
Six
“Ricky!” I shouted,
my feet eating up the ground between us, Trusty hot on my heels. “Ricky!”
He and Carl gave a small “oompf” of protest as I plowed into
them, squishing Carl between us in a trifecta of love.
“My boy,” Rick kept chanting as he alternating kissing his
wife, his son, me…
Looking back behind me with tears in my eyes, I smiled
widely at Shane, but he didn’t return the gesture. He had gone pale as he stood there, staring
at Rick in disbelief and immediately I knew something was wrong.
Lori had told me how badly Shane had beaten himself up about
leaving my brother in that hospital, completely believing he was dead and now,
I sure he felt worse.
Kissing my brother once on the forehead, I got up and left
him to get reacquainted with his family.
Shane’s eyes didn’t leave Rick as I approached and he didn’t budge when
I tried tugging on his arm.
Fed up with this statue business, I pinched his nipple.
His eyes darted down to mine, darkening quickly as he looked
at me with astonishment. Well, that
certainly woke him up.
He cleared his throat awkwardly as he shifted on his feet,
and I prayed to every deity known to man that I wouldn’t let my eyes linger
past his waist—at the obvious erection blooming in his pants.
“What—
“Come on,” I told him with a sweet smile. “Let’s go grab mine and Carl’s things. You’re gonna have a couple of houseguests
tonight, think you can handle it?”
With that, the cocky smirk slid back into place and he
grabbed my hand as he swaggered back to the Grimes’ tent. “You sleepin’ in my tent, I definitely think
I can handle that, darlin’.”
“And Carl. Don’t
forget Carl.” I added cheekily, my own smirk becoming visible. “It’ll be like old times, right
partner?”
Shane winced a little, any naughty thoughts he was having
clearly going up in smoke. “Yeah, yeah,”
he grumbled. “Just like old times.”
After collecting the cot and bedding that Carl and I had
been sharing we made quick work of getting it set up in the next tent
over. A frown crossed my face as I
looked at the distance between Shane’s tent and what would become the steaming
tent of love and loud moaning.
Unfortunately, I had been in Rick’s house several times after a night on
the town, before Carl was born…and Lori was a screamer, and just as
unfortunate, my straight laced brother had a filthy mouth.
Thinking about it made me shudder.
Shane laughed at my disgusted face, “What’s with the face,
darlin’?”
“Just wondering if Jacqui or Dale would lend me one of their
Walkman’s for the evening.” I said with
another shudder.
He laughed harder and I smacked his arm. “Awe, come on now, Birdie, it’s not like
you’ve never heard it before.”
“It’s not me I’m worried about, I really don’t want my poor
nephew to be scarred for life.”
Shane shrugged. “It’s
not like he’s never heard it either, the walls in that house are thin.”
“You don’t have to tell me.”
I said quickly, raising a hand to stop any other cute comments he felt
like saying. I really did not want my
brother’s sex life to be any more of a conversation than it had to be. “But Rick’s had an interesting ride…he’s bound
to be…uh, ya’know.” I said
blushing.
Shane catching my blush, caressed my scalding cheek. “Loud?
Forceful?” He said slowly,
pronouncing each word with an even bigger smirk. The bastard knew he was making me
uncomfortable as Hell.
“Talkative?”
“Yes, alright!” I
yelled, smacking him in the chest several time with both hands.
He grabbed both of my wrists and continued to laugh,
taunting me. “Awe, is my Lil’ Bird
getting shy on me?” He asked
playfully. “What? Don’t you wanna hear where big brother’s
gonna put it when he and Lor…”
“Alright, alright, I give.”
I said, finally laughing along with him as he hugged me to him.
“Birdie?” He
questioned, his voice suddenly turning serious again. “I really did think he was dead. I would have never left if I had thought… Ya
gotta believe me.”
I pulled back to look up at him and watched with a breaking
heart as fresh tears spilled from his eyes.
How could he think like that?
“Shane,” I whispered.
“You love Rick; there was never any doubt about that. I know you’d have done anything to keep him
safe. You didn’t leave him there on
purpose. Lori,…she told me that you did
what you had to do to keep her and Carl safe.
I never got a chance to thank you for it. So, thank you.”
He nodded, shutting his eyes as a few more tears escaped and
trickled down his face. “He’s not the
only one I love, Birdy.”
“I know, Shane.” I
told him, popping up on my toes and I giving his lips a small kiss. It was light and quick, nothing sexual or
even sensual, just a little reminder that I was here for him and that I
cared.
He shook his head.
“No Birdie, I don’t think ya do.”
He said and my heart stuttered in my chest. Then he smiled that cocky-damned smile. “But we’ll talk about that later.”
“Alright,” I said forcefully. “Enough of this sad bullshit. Come on, let’s go see a man about a
Walkman.”
“Yes ma’am.” Shane
saluted, laughing at me. Before I could
sass him back or protest anything, he hoisted me up over his shoulder like a
sack of flour and started for Dale’s R.V., laughing off my shouts to put me
down.
No comments:
Post a Comment